During development of an application (web/software/mobile) quality assurance is any systematic process of checking to see whether a product or service being developed is meeting specified requirements.
Many companies have a separate department devoted to quality assurance. A quality assurance system is said to increase customer confidence and a company’s credibility, to improve work processes and efficiency, and to enable a company to better compete with others.
Quality assurance was initially introduced in World War II when munitions were inspected and tested for defects after they were made. Today’s quality assurance systems emphasize catching defects before they get into the final product.
Source – http://searchsoftwarequality.techtarget.com/
Topics in Software Quality Assurance
- General Quality Assurance
- What is JIRA?
- What is an issue and how to create them?
- How to search for Issues
- How to find recently edited issue?
- How to bulk delete issue in JIRA
- How to delete/edit comment in JIRA?
- What is epic and how to create them?
- How to create users & group
- How to create project & components?
- What is JIRA Query Language & how to use them?
- How to create & search filters
- How to edit your filters and it’s permission
- How to add/edit filter subscription via email
- How to view reports
- What are boards & how to create/access them?
- How to log work in JIRA